Clint A. Costa serves as advisor and counselor to starters and entrepreneurs, business owners, wealthy families, executives, and closely-held and high growth businesses. Clint's comprehensive roles include business planning and structuring, advanced estate and asset protection planning, income tax planning, contracts, financing, and real estate. Clint serves as both business and personal general counsel for his clients, assuring that all of their interests are properly aligned and legally protected.
Clint earned a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Accounting with honors from DePaul University where he participated in the Strobel Honors Accounting Program. Clint attained his Juris Doctor (J.D.) from the Chicago-Kent College of Law where he graduated with honors. Clint also completed his Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Taxation with honors from the Chicago-Kent College of Law. In addition to being an attorney, Clint is an Illinois registered Certified Public Accountant.
Clint has been an active member of the Chicago Bar Association, the Chicago Estate Planning Council, the Illinois CPA Society and Midwest Business Brokers and Intermediaries.
Clint's writings have been published and his commentary has been sought on a wide range of issues related to his practice. Clint has written for Interest.com, Technori.com, Tech.Co and the Illinois CPA Society's HYPE newsletter. Clint has provided expert commentary for articles appearing on CNBC.com, MSN Money, American Express Open Forum, Private Wealth Magazine, and BusinessWeek. He has also appeared on MoneyRadio as well as Steve Strauss's Small Business Success Podcast.
Clint has also taught and presented extensively. Clint is an adjunct professor at the Chicago-Kent College of Law where he teaches in the legal writing program. Clint's other presentations have included:
"The Current State of Entrepreneurial Finance in Chicago" Chicago Booth Alumni Roundtable
- "5-Minute Law School for Entrepreneurs" IgniteChicago
- "Asset Protection Strategies for Internet Affiliate Marketers" Chicago Affiliate Meet-Up
- "Using LLCs in Estate Planning" YLS--Estate Planning Committee of the Chicago Bar Association
- "Fiduciary Income Taxation: The Dreaded Form 1041" Probate and Practice Committee of the Chicago Bar Association
- "Asset Protection and Estate Planning 101: How APNs Can Benefit From the Basics" APN Midwest Conference
- "Protecting Your Money & Your Family: Estate Planning & Asset Protection for CRNAs" NorthShore University Health System
Clint has also been recognized by his peers in the legal community as he was named a 2014, 2015 and 2016 Rising Star by Illinois Super Lawyers magazine.