Mr. Henderson is a member with DUGGAN BERTSCH, LLC and practices in DUGGAN BERTSCH'S Private Client Practice Group. Mr. Henderson is the lead member of DUGGAN BERTSCH’S tax compliance and tax controversy team. He has a coast-to-coast federal tax practice in which he advises, counsels and represents some of the nation’s most successful and well-known individuals, for-profit businesses, family offices, and tax-exempt organizations. His extensive experience and education focuses on the interrelated disciplines of taxation, wealth planning and business law.
Mr. Henderson's expertise includes:
- U.S. tax planning, analysis, transactional structuring
- Pass throughs
- International inbound and outbound U.S. tax planning and compliance
- Executive compensation and benefits
- Tax compliance
- Tax controversy and litigation
- Tax advantaged investment planning and structuring
- Family Office planning, structuring, governance and administration,
- Wealth planning,
- Trusts and estates planning,
- Estate administration,
- Wealth and asset protection planning,
- Insurance planning,
- Transfer and income taxation planning,
- Succession planning, and,
- Associations and Foundations.
- General corporate and limited liability company services,
- Insurance and reinsurance,
- Private equity,
- Business solutions and governance,
- Business counseling and transactions, and
- Business restructuring.
Mr. Henderson earned a Bachelor of Sciences degree with dual majors in Accounting and Finance from Indiana University, a certificate of Certified Public Accountant from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, a Juris Doctor degree from the John Marshall Law School (Cum Laude) in Chicago, Illinois, and a Juris Doctor Certificate in Tax Law from the John Marshall Law School. Mr. Henderson was the sole recipient of the Dean’s Award for outstanding academic achievement upon completion of his Juris Doctor degree. Mr. Henderson also completed his Masters of Law (LL.M.) (Highest Honors) in Taxation Degree with concentrations in Estate Planning and Employee Benefits at the John Marshall Law School.
Mr. Henderson is an adjunct professor of law at the John Marshall Law School where he teaches in the Masters of Laws program courses in both federal taxation and the business, financial, tax and legal aspects of life insurance. Mr. Henderson is a member of the American, Illinois State and Chicago Bar Associations, the American Association of Attorney-Certified Public Accountants, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Illinois Society of Certified Public Accountants. Mr. Henderson frequently presents to various organizations, including the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants at their Tax Strategies for the High-Income Individual in Las Vegas, Nevada and to the Chicago Bar Association. Mr. Henderson is licensed to practice in Indiana and Illinois as well as before the U.S. Tax Court.